axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kelley <pet...@moveit.com.au>
Subject document service questions
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 06:04:54 GMT
I'm new to web services and I'm having a few issues trying to get a
document based service deployed using AXIS.

1. I have the wsdd:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <service name="acidDoc" style="message">
        <parameter name="className"
value="au.com.moveit.webservices.messaging.Importer"/>
    </service>
</deployment>

which produces WSDL (using the ?WSDL URL) that specifies (among other
things) the following:

<wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"

Now I would have thought that the binding style would have been document
so now I am confused. Can anyone explain what I have to do to get a
document binding type (as required by our customer) ?

2. As I want to get a hold of the XML being sent I have a method defined
as:

public Document importXML(Document data) throws MoveitException

Is this the best way to do this ? I saw some discussion earlier about
the other forms:

public Element [] method(Element [] bodies);
public SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] bodies);

being better or working or something. Does anyone have any experiences
to share ?

3. How do I call one of these things to test it ? The message sample
seems to be using a call object but the javadoc for that states that it
is for RPC style services. Is there a document equivalent ? I also
looked at the jaxm sample but that uses a completely different mechanism
to call the service. Are the two methods equivalent ?

Peter Kelley