axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: WDSL2Java: lists of unsigned shorts
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:47:18 GMT
Royce,

can you post the stub of the .net class itself, rather than just the wsdl.
I'm working on some .net server axis client interop testing, see. I'd also
like to see what you are sending back as .net structures

-unsigned short is supported in axis with wrapper classes; there is no
ushort in java.
-arrays usually work :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Royce Pipkins" <pipkinsr@bellsouth.net>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 6:08 AM
Subject: WDSL2Java: lists of unsigned shorts

Hello all,

I have a bit of (.NET generated) WSDL that does not generate an error in
WSDL2Java but rather generates what appears to be a class with no facilties
to set or get the list data.

<s:complexType name="ReadPropertyInfo">
  <s:attribute name="reference" type="s:string" />
  <s:attribute name="propertyList">
    <s:simpleType>
      <s:list itemType="s:unsignedShort" />
    </s:simpleType>
  </s:attribute>
</s:complexType>

The ReadPropertyInfo class seems ok.. but PropertyList has no get/set
methods. Shouldn't I expect some?

I'm afraid I'm all a bit new to this.. I d/l'ed Axis just today. Reading the
archives it looks like Axis has trouble with both lists and unsigned data.

Am I looking at a ton of work to just to add enuf support for a list of
unsigneds? Is it just a matter of creating a Serialzer?  It doesn't look to
me like it would be too awful. I'm thinking the major portion of the work
would just be a call to writeString() in the SerializationContext with a
string that has the space seperated elements of my list.

Am I even close to being on the right track?

Thanks for your help!
Royce