axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Royce Pipkins" <pipki...@bellsouth.net>
Subject WDSL2Java: lists of unsigned shorts
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:08:56 GMT
Hello all,

I have a bit of (.NET generated) WSDL that does not generate an error in WSDL2Java but rather
generates what appears to be a class with no facilties to set or get the list data.

<s:complexType name="ReadPropertyInfo">
  <s:attribute name="reference" type="s:string" />
  <s:attribute name="propertyList">
    <s:simpleType>
      <s:list itemType="s:unsignedShort" />
    </s:simpleType>
  </s:attribute>
</s:complexType>

The ReadPropertyInfo class seems ok.. but PropertyList has no get/set methods. Shouldn't I
expect some?

I'm afraid I'm all a bit new to this.. I d/l'ed Axis just today. Reading the archives it looks
like Axis has trouble with both lists and unsigned data.

Am I looking at a ton of work to just to add enuf support for a list of unsigneds? Is it just
a matter of creating a Serialzer?  It doesn't look to me like it would be too awful. I'm thinking
the major portion of the work would just be a call to writeString() in the SerializationContext
with a string that has the space seperated elements of my list.

Am I even close to being on the right track?

Thanks for your help!
Royce