axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic publishing
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 02:53:46 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tuan Le Viet" <tuanle@Cybersoft-VN.com>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 18:32
Subject: RE: Dynamic publishing

> Hi Ricky,
>
> Apparently, my approach is strongly discouraged by all the gurus.
> Probably I'm an OO nut :-). I should really put more thoughts to this
problem.
> Delegation to each account from one single webservice is probably a better
solution.

well, precreating objects for every endpoint that may exist is bad news, and
it isnt that robust....better to retrieve the state from a DB on demand,
which is what EJB is about.

But having endpoints whose URL describes the object is actually very clean
from a REST perspective:

/people/steve/devices/phone/uk
/people/steve/devices/pc/home

You just need a way to turn such a long url into a dynamically created
endpoint. The normal servlet API lets you do that; indeed axis does it to
bind to endpoints under axis/services. So if axis has a servlet that binds
to endpoints, there can't be anything inherently un-Axis about having
endpoints containing more of a path than expected.

-steve