axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: getting the same parameter types after exposing a Java app as a Web Service
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:42:45 GMT
have you tried compiling with all your debug info left in your app? it
should pick up names. Types normally come for free.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bahman Kalali" <bkalali@csg.uwaterloo.ca>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 3:52 PM
Subject: getting the same parameter types after exposing a Java app as a Web
Service

Hi,

I am new into the world of Web Services and I have some questions

1) I am trying to expose a Java notification system as a Web Service.

(snip)

For example, in the following, the parameters to the publish method are
(Event eventType, Filter filter, Subscriber sub), but I am getting anyType.

<wsdl:message name="subscribeRequest">
  <wsdl:part name="in0" type="xsd:anyType" />
  <wsdl:part name="in1" type="xsd:anyType" />
  <wsdl:part name="in2" type="tns1:Subscriber" />
</wsdl:message>

(snip)

How can I get the same parameter types like what I had in my original
publish method (i.e, Event eventType, Filter filter, Subscriber sub) ? I
want to get the same paramter types for my client stubs.

Thank you very much in advance,

--Bahman