axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rajal Shah" <rs...@Quinstreet.com>
Subject RE: Session scope and threaded request?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:31:15 GMT
Ok.. I still need to get this session behvior verified. It would be great if anyone can provide
an example showing a client & server session behavior. It would shorten my initial learning
curve with Axis.

--
Rajal

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramon Turnes [mailto:ramon.turnes-perez@hermes.si]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 11:36 PM
To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Session scope and threaded request?

In case of session scope, each session has its own instance of the
service class independently of which thread invokes the exposed
methods. I suppose that the servlet engine starts a new thread for
each request, at least MessageContext.getCurrentContext() works
in such manner. In case of application scope, for example, each
request is handled by the same class instance. Take a look at
org\apache\axis\providers\java\JavaProvider.java. Regards.