axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Laurent Michalkovic" <lj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: passing xml documents & serializer/deserializer
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:38:37 GMT
BeanDeserializerI did that to communicate with a Visual C++ server. Basically,
the server uses the following datatypes

-
---------------------------------
<complexType name="TravelInterface.HeaderType">
-   <sequence>
      <element name="ServiceID" type="xsd:short" />
      <element name="Language" type="xsd:short" />
   <element name="ProtocolVersion" type="xsd:short" />
      <element name="TransmissionNumber" type="xsd:short" />
      <element name="TerminalID" type="xsd:int" />
      <element name="TransactionDateTime" type="xsd:dateTime" />
      <element name="OperatorID" type="xsd:string" />
      <element name="Flags" type="xsd:short" />
      <element name="ResponseCode" type="xsd:int" />
      <element name="ClientID" type="xsd:short" />
      <element name="ACKRequired" type="xsd:boolean" />
  </sequence>
</complexType>
- <complexType name="TravelInterface.ACK.Header">
-   <sequence>
      <element name="Header" type="typens:TravelInterface.HeaderType" />
 </sequence>
</complexType>
- <complexType name="TravelInterface.NAK.Header">
-   <sequence>
      <element name="Header" type="typens:TravelInterface.HeaderType" />
     </sequence>
</complexType>

There was a time when the "HeaderType" type was not defined, and was simply
described as anything. My client code therefore only knew that for example,
the ACK.Header type had one single Header member that could be anything.
I created my own DocumentSerializer/DocumentDeserializer  that basically
aggregated everything in a proper DOM document. I did that several month
ago, and never had to go back to that portion of the code.

---
Laurent Michalkovic
Technology Consultant