axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Smith, Larry" <x...@ti.com>
Subject RE: Auto-Start an Axis WEB Service (ie: daemon)
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:53:57 GMT
Ok, I've tried adding an 'init()' method to my WEB Service class, but
still nothing happens when Tomcat/Axis is started.  The goal is to have
my WEB Service start doing useful work immediately upon Tomcat/Axis startup
without it having to be invoked by some outside client.  I can invoke the
WEB Service's methods with a client program and they function (return
results),
but I can't figure out how to get my WEB Service's 'loopForever()' method
to start running (and stay running forever) immediately upon Tomcat/Axis
startup.
The purpose of the 'loopForever()' method is to monitor the file-system for
certain events (low space, appearance of certain files, etc) and launch
other
WEB Services to handle those events.

Thanks & Regards,
Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Jung, Eric (Contractor) [mailto:ejung@russellmellon.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 4:39 PM
To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Auto-Start an Axis WEB Service (ie: daemon)

I also do what Bob does.

The idea is you start Tomcat in your environment with Axis and your web
service classes and libs in the usual places (webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes
and webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib). Then you use deploy.wsdd to deploy your
services. As a result of this, Axis creates a file called
service-config.wsdd . It is this file that Axis reads (if it exists) each
time it starts up to automatically deploy services which were deployed the
last time it was running.

-Eric