axis-java-user mailing list archives

From thomas.che...@ascentialsoftware.com
Subject RE: NameSpace help
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:08:39 GMT
Sorry, I sent that too quickly .... Let's start over:

I think your problem is not exactly that one.
In the following case:

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Cherel
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 2:51 PM
To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: NameSpace help

I think your problem is not exactly that one.
In the following case:

<ns1:validateLogin
xmlns:ns1="http://www.openuri.org/">
<user xsi:type="xsd:string">sriram</user>
<pwd xsi:type="xsd:string">somanchi</pwd>
</ns1:validateLogin>

validateLogin is in the http://www.openuri.org/ namespace, but user and pwd
are in the current default namespace.

In the other case:

<validateLogin xmlns="http://www.openuri.org/">
  <user xsi:type="xsd:string">user</user>
  <pwd xsi:type="xsd:string">password</pwd>
</validateLogin>

validateLogin uase and pwd are all in the http://www.openuri.org/ namespace
as the xmlns="http://www.openuri.org/" validateLogin attribute is specifying
http://www.openuri.org/ as the new default namespace.

I will be surprised that WebLogic ignore completely the namespace or is
having a problem because the namespace declaration does not follow a very
specific pattern.
But I will not be surprised that the SOAP server is having trouble if the
user and pwd element do not belong to the right namespace (which is supposed
to be driven by your WSDL).

Thomas