axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Manjula Fernando <Manj...@virtusa.com>
Subject Exeption when creating wsdl for "document-type".
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:14:07 GMT
Hi All ,

We are trying to create  a "document-style" web sevice.Our sample interface
looks like this.

package samples.echo;

public interface InteropTestDocType extends java.rmi.Remote {

  public org.w3c.dom.Document echoDocument(org.w3c.dom.Document
stringDocument) throws java.rmi.RemoteException;

}

The echoDocument method just return the passed parameters.The purpose is to
pass different xml request envelopes and see whether they are echoing
properly.

We generated the wsdl file by giving following command.

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o InteropTestDoc.wsdl
-l"http://localhost:8080/axis/services/InteropTestDocType" -n
"http://soapinterop.org/" -p"samples.echo" "http://soapinterop.org/"
samples.echo.InteropTestDocType

It throws following exception.

- The class org.w3c.dom.Document does not contain a default constructor,
which is a requirement for a bean class.  The class cannot be converted into
an xml schema type.  An xml schema anyType will be used to define this class
in the wsdl file.

And the same time the wsdl file is generated. So we used the generated wsdl
file to have the skeleton classes.

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -o . -d Session -s -S true
-Nhttp://soapinterop.org/ samples.echo -y DOCUMENT InteropTestDoc.wsdl

But we got the following error.

java.io.IOException: Type {http://dom.w3c.org}Document is referenced but not
defined.
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(SymbolTable.j
ava:461)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:377)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:364)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:350

Does any body have idea on this ?

Thanks in advance
Manjula