axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Allegar Robert" <allegar_rob...@bah.com>
Subject RE: Asynchronous call to server
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:44:11 GMT
Irene,
	You're prob. not going to find anything built into Axis which supports
this, but you can certainly change your architecture a bit to make this
work. We had a similar need and have a webservice which posts to
asynchronous JMS topic. That makes the webservice (or client in your case)
not block once an answer has been received/sent.

	You just need to provide a little architectural infrastructure.

Regards,
	Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Irene Moser [mailto:irene.moser@atbusiness.com]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 5:24 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Asynchronous call to server

Hello everyone,

I need to implement a client for a MS .net service, the synchronous call
works fine, but now it seems I need to send a call that does not block
until it receives the answer, but is ready to process the answer when it
arrives eventually. Does anyone have a simple example at hand?

Thanks
Irene
Irene Moser, System Analyst, Software Services
AtBusiness Communications Oyj, Kaapeliaukio 1, FIN-00180 HELSINKI
Phone +358 9 2311 6649, Mobile +358 50 369 5101, Fax +358 9 2311 6601
e-mail: irene.moser@atbusiness.com