axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Olivier.Br...@vodafone-us.com
Subject Re: servlet session and service life cycle
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:44:27 GMT

Thomas,

All the info about the ServiceLifeCycle is covered in the JAX-RPC
specification.
The lifetime of Axis services depend on the model you are choosing
(request, session or application).

Olivier

                    "Cosley, Thomas"

                    <Thomas.Cosley@McK       To:     axis-user@xml.apache.org

                    esson.com>               cc:

                                             Subject:     servlet session and service life
cycle
                    08/12/2002 08:18

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    axis-user

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some information on the
AxisServlet in regards to servlet lifecycle.  Does Axis manipulate the
HttpSession in any way?  Is there any danger in using Servlet 2.3 Filters
with Axis?

What is the lifecycle of an Axis service?  Once the service is deployed,
does the service object live until the servlet is destroyed?  I checked the
user docs but couldn't find any info..

Thomas M. Cosley    .     McKesson    .     563.557.4292

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
and priviledged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
contact the sender by reply e-mail  and destroy all copies of the original
message.