axis-java-user mailing list archives

From bu...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: creating server side proxies/sceletons/bindings for Web services
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 12:40:45 GMT
Thanks for chastising us about our documentation.  It should not be as hard
as you describe, and it wasn't, at one point.  We've definitely got to
update it before we release AXIS 1.0.

Anyway, to answer your question, you might want to look at the reference
guide - http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-
axis/java/docs/reference.html.  There are two flavors for each option:
- a long name which starts with a double dash (like --server-side)
- a short name which starts with a single dash (like -s which is the same
as --server-side)
Note that the short name need not be the first letter of the long name, for
instance "--timeout <arg>" and "-O <arg>" are the same.  (Yeah, bummer, but
-t was already being used for --testCase).

As to your specific example:
- the first one tells WSDL2Java to generate client- and server-side
bindings WITH skeletons (client-side bindings are ALWAYS generated, -s
tells it to generate server-side bindings as well)
- the second one also tells WSDL2Java to generate client- and server-side
bindings with skeletons, but it also tells it a bunch of other stuff:
    - (I assume you mean -o, not -0?) -o tells WSDL2Java where to generate
the files.  The default is the current directory, so "-o ." is the same as
the default.
    - -d Session tells WSDL2Java to make the server-side session-enabled,
which means you won't get a new implementation on every invocation.
    - -N provides a namespace-to-package mapping.  By default, WSDL2Java
will mangle the namespace into a package (for instance, "urn:inout.wsdl.
test" becomes "test.wsdl.inout").  When you specify -N you can tell it that
"urn:inout.wsdl.test" becomes "com.mycompany.stuff" or anything else you
might choose.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

<annemarie.hartvigsen@telenor.com> on 08/02/2002 04:20:13 AM