axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject Sending xml via Axis
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:32:31 GMT

I'm doing quite a bit of web service stuff currently with weblogic. We have
come down to sending everythnig as XML - that way publishing and modifying
the services is easier.

Here's a WSDL snippet that shows how the message arguments are defined:

- <message name="processRequestRequest">
       <part name="arg0" type="dom:org.w3c.dom.Document" />
  </message>
- <message name="processRequestResponse">
      <part name="return" type="dom:org.w3c.dom.Document" />
  </message>

In our code, we pass a "org.w3c.dom.Document" object to the web service and we get the same
in return.

Is this possible using Axis? Also, better yet, can I send/receive a "org.jdom.Document"?

If I can't do this, what would the steps be for me to build the functionality into Axis -
I'd really like to send/receive JDOM objects...