axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <annemarie.hartvig...@telenor.com>
Subject creating server side proxies/sceletons/bindings for Web services
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:20:13 GMT
I have read the user guide and am slightly confused about creating necessary server side files
and bindings. What is the difference between issuing

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java --server-side (--skeletonDeploy true) {filename}.wsdl

and

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -0 . -d Session -s -S true -Nurn:{namespace} {package}
{filename}.wsdl

Do I have to do both, or does the last command cover everything that is necessary? The last
one does not specify "--server-side", why? And why do I have to modify the *SoapBindingImpl
file (and what must I modify?)?

I hope someone will have the patience to explain these issues to me - I guess the answers
are in the documentation, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how it all works. (I'm of
course grateful that there is a user guide, but it is not very easy to follow. To follow the
first examples one first has to do things described in the last examples. This would maybe
not be necessary if the sample files in my Axis installation were in fact the same as the
ones referred to in the user guide - which they are not).

Thanks everybody!

/Anne Marie