axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Moyer" <moyer_fr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problems with location of axis.jar
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:52:30 GMT
I am running Tomcat 4.0.3, java 1.4.0, and axis beta 3.  I have copied all
the necessary files into CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory.  When I bring
up the axis administration page, I get the following exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory.class$(ArraySerializerFactory.java:77)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArraySerializerFactory.(ArraySerializerFactory.java:79)

When I remove axis.jar from CATALINA_HOME/common/lib, axis works fine.  I am
able to run web services from the command line without any problems.  But
then when I try to run an web application through Tomcat, I get a
NoClassDefFound exception on Deserializer.  I expect that the reason I am
getting this exception is because axis.jar is not copied into the
CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory.  But as soon as I copy it in, I will get
the first exception.

So, I am right now unable to get axis working together with a web
application.

Frank