axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "KUMAR,PANKAJ (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <pankaj_ku...@hp.com>
Subject RE: https client
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 00:06:52 GMT

In most likelihood, the https service, over which you have no control,
doesn't do client authentication. If this is so, you don't need to import
your client certificate to server's key store. If not so, the service must
have mechanism in place so that it will either accept your certificate or
certificate of your direct or indirect CA.

For authenticating the service, you need to have the server's certificate or
the server's CA certificate in your trust store and specify the trust store
as a system property at java command line ( I think my writeup talks about
it but I am not positive )

/Pankaj.