axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yung, Nimchi A, ALCAS" <ny...@att.com>
Subject RE: tomcat log says HTTP/1.0?
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:36:25 GMT
Sorry I missed the original thread.  WHat is the pitfalls
of using HttpURLConnection?

--Nimchi

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Zschaage [mailto:Tom.Zschaage@first.fraunhofer.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 11:30 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: AW: tomcat log says HTTP/1.0?

Steve advised not to use HttpURLConnection. So I was looking for an
alternative and read something about Coyote. Coyote is another HTTP1.1
connector to use [1]. But I cannot make it run. After running through a
lot of exceptions I have stuffed up my CLASSPATH to the max. Now nothing
is missing but I get a java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. This
doesn't tell anything to me.
Has anybody an idea for solving this problem or a good explaination on
how to use coyote with tomcat.
The reason why I want this problem to be solved is that I want to use
SSL.

Tom

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/coyote.html

This is the whole stack trace:
Exception during startup processing
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/Connector
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
3)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:246)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:1076)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:992)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:1076)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClas
sLoader.java:992)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:322)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.ObjectCreate.start(XmlMapper.java:616)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchStart(XmlMapper.java:412)

        at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.startElement(XmlMapper.java:91
)
        at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.startElement(XMLReaderAdapter.ja
va:329)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1376)

        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XML
Validator.java:1284)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumen
tScanner.java:1806)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1182)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java:381)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1098)
        at
org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderAdapter.parse(XMLReaderAdapter.java:223)

        at
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java:228)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:725)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:681)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        ... 5 more