axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jung, Eric (Contractor)" <ej...@russellmellon.com>
Subject LinkageError
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:25:18 GMT
Hi everyone,

Java2WSDL has stopped working for me when I upgraded to Axis Beta 3. I have
tried the Beta 3 release and the nightly build dated 13 Aug 02, but get the
same results. I also tried both xerces-2_0_0 and xerces-2_0_2, but get the
same results. Bugzilla doesn't have any mention of my problem. I am using
j2sdk1.4.0_01.

In the mailing list archives, there was someone who had a similar problem
back in March (see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=101654845002455&w=2), but
obviously this was before Beta 3. Unforunately, there was no resolution
posted to his problem.

Here is the stack trace when calling org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL:

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
org/w3c/dom/Document class
  at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder(Documen
tBuilderFactoryImpl.java:88)
  at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:283)
  at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Types.createDocumentFragment(Types.java:906)
  at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Types.<init>(Types.java:136)
  at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.createTypes(Emitter.java:529)
  at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.getWSDL(Emitter.java:321)
  at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:227)
  at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:281)
  at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.run(Java2WSDL.java:456)
  at org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL.main(Java2WSDL.java:495)
  [...snip...]

Here is way I invoke Java2WSDL:

<java classname="org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL">
  <arg value="-o Scheduler.wsdl"/>
  <arg value="-l http://workbench.mellon.com/Scheduler"/>
  <arg value="-n urn:Scheduler"/>
  <arg value="-pcom.russellmellon.scheduler=urn:Scheduler"/>
  <arg value="com.russellmellon.scheduler.TaskManager"/>
  <classpath>
    <fileset dir="${lib}"/>  <!-- contains all the Axis beta 3 JAR files -->
    <pathelement location="${classes}"/>  <!-- contains my classes -->
   </classpath>
</java>

Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your suggestions,

Eric H. Jung
Software Engineer
Russell/Mellon Analytical Services
Everett, MA, USA