axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ted Neward <T...@matmail.ucdavis.edu>
Subject RE: Notification style operation
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 23:38:55 GMT
JMS itself isn't necessarily intended as a Java-only space; it was
originally intended as a set of Java bindings for existing messaging
products (like MQSeries) that have their own "reach" beyond Java. So,
theoretically, no, this doesn't limit you just to Java.

Practically, though..... <shrug />

Ted Neward
Architect, UCDavis Account & Financial Services
http://www.javageeks.com
http://www.clrgeeks.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ricky Ho [mailto:riho@cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 10:35
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Notification style operation

Are we losing the benefit of SOAP (heterogeneous language and runtime
environment) when we run SOAP over JMS (which is an API but not protocol)
?  Because now both sides has to be JAVA, or even they have to be using the
same JMS vendor.  Maybe OK for an intranet environment where both ends are
controlled by the same organization.  But in such a well-controlled
environment, why using a less efficient XML protocol ?

I see an evolving trend of using async messaging over HTTP.  In this case,
the request and response are two separate "one-way" operations, correlated
in a certain way.

Best regards,
Ricky