axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Maciejewski, Vincent (GMI - NY SWAPS)" <vmaci...@exchange.ml.com>
Subject RE: Axis performance
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:44:28 GMT
Does anyone know how much of the call bottleneck is due to HTTP and how much due to serialization?
I've seen calls that require just a few K in parameters take several seconds. Whereas a ping
call
usually takes less than 50 ms. I've checked the CPU utilization on both the client and server
machines and saw nothing to suggest that adding more cpu power would help. Is it HTTP?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Ward [mailto:david.ward@dotech.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 8:22 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis performance

I'm guessing it's because transfering verbose xml messages (like AXIS
does) over the wire is slow.  I thought I remembered someone talking
about compressing the data before it gets sent (in both directions then
decompressing it on the other side).  Can anyone point me in a direction
that I can learn how to do that?

Thanks,
David