axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Colin Sampaleanu <colin...@exis.com>
Subject Re: How to initialize deployed services?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:31:43 GMT
Thanks. I've now gone back in the archives and found that thread, called
"Configuring a web service...", which was of some help. Too bad there
isn't a way to deploy live objects. That approach really fits some
scenarios a lot better.

Along with the servletContext, I guess the other way you could get to
live objects is via JNDI and singletons...

It would be nice if a minimal addition was implemented, where the .wsdd
file could specify parameters to the service. Steven suggested having
the service read in a config file with a name based on the hostname, but
this is not necessarily a dependency I want to have. Being able to pass
in some param to that instance of the service to identify it would help
in a big way...