axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pathak, Sanjesh" <Sanjesh.Pat...@ENRON.com>
Subject fault info
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:33:39 GMT

I am trying to extract fault information from within a handler and so far has been unsuccessfull.
Has anyone been successfull in extracting fault info from handler?

I have tried to get fault like this in the onFault() method of the handler:

SOAPMessage message = msgContext.getMessage();
if (message.getSOAPPart().getEnvelope().getBody().hasFault()) {
   // get info here
   String faultString = message.getSOAPPart().getEnvelope().getBody().getFault().getFaultString();
}

but message.getSOAPPart().getEnvelope().getBody().hasFault() always returns false. The SOAPMessage
in MessageContext does not have any fault info even if a fault occurs (I can see the fault
on the client side and tcpmon). On another note, if I put the handler in <faultFlow></faultFlow>,
the handler never gets executed.

Any information on extracting fault info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Sanjesh

This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate and may contain confidential
and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient (s). Any review, use, distribution
or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender or reply to Enron Corp.
at enron.messaging.administration@enron.com and delete all copies of the message. This e-mail
(and any attachments hereto) are not intended to be an offer (or an acceptance) and do not
create or evidence a binding and enforceable contract between Enron Corp. (or any of its affiliates)
and the intended recipient or any other party, and may not be relied on by anyone as the basis
of a contract by estoppel or otherwise. Thank you.