axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Emma Wheeler" <ewhee...@runservicenet.com>
Subject Java2WSDL problem - bean superclass without default constructor
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 08:48:59 GMT
Hello,

I am having a problem with the Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java tools, which seems to have appeared
with the beta-3 release.
I have a web service which returns a bean that extends a superclass with protected member
variables and a protected default constructor.  The bean has a public default constructor.

When I run Java2WSDL, I get the following message:
The class <superclass classname> does not contain a default constructor, which is a
requirement for a bean class.  The class cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An
xml schema anyType will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.

In the wsdl file, the element type is given as "xsd:anyType", but the message type is expecting
the bean.  So when I run WSDL2Java using this wsdl file, I get the error message:

java.io.exception: Type {<namespace>}<bean name> is referenced but not defined.
at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(SymbolTable.java:461)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:377)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:364)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.java:350)
 at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:244)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I had already created a different web service using another bean that extends an immutable
superclass, using axis beta-2, and had no errors.

I am a relatively new and inexperienced axis user, and would be very grateful to hear if anyone
has experienced or overcome a similar problem

Regards,

Emma Wheeler