axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: I hate axis because...
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 05:06:12 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse D. Sightler" <jsightler@eximtechnologies.com>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 08:18
Subject: RE: I hate axis because...

> I completely agree.  Deployment and installation of new Axis Services
> here has been a breeze.

I have some big issues w/ SOAP, sending binary files w/SOAP and with interop
in general, but these are not Axis issues; they are issues with SOAP, WSDL
and extensions.

I think Axis is troublesome to install, as evidenced by much discussion on
the matter (I'm catching up on 10 days mail and half the 360 messages in
this list are config issues). Does this make Axis worse than JWSDP? They
cheated: their distro includes tomcat, the soap server, xerces, ant1.4.1+the
XP patch, whatever; it is almost a unified Apache Distro of everything short
of Axis. But because it is all integrated there are less install issues.
Nobody has to worry about jwsdp on weblogic 'cept BEA.

-steve

followups can include the subject line " I hate Java1.4 endorsed directories
because...."