axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Zschaage" <Tom.Zscha...@first.fraunhofer.de>
Subject AW: Web service name syntax
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:13:33 GMT
The % character has a special meaning in URLs therefore it should be
escaped try to call this
/somehost/somecontext/h%25?wsdl

the %25 is the escape sequence for %
however why would one use a % in a name?

Tom

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Melamud, Mikhail [mailto:Mikhail.Melamud@ca.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. August 2002 18:28
An: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Web service name syntax

Can web service name contain special characters such as #, %,^, &,\?
For example, using deployService() method I can create Axis wsdd as
follows:
<service name="h%" provider="java:RPC">
<parameter name="methodName" value="*"/>
<parameter name="alias" value="h%Service"/>
<parameter name="scope" value="request"/>
<parameter name="className" value="wsbecho.EchoStruct"/>
</service>

 but then url /somehost/somecontext/h%?wsdl throws HTTP 400 error
url /somehost/somecontext/h%25?wsdl would not work either ('%' is
encoded here)
Shouldn't Axis deployService() throw an exception here if it's not valid
name?
Or if it's a valid web service name why my url doesn't generate wsdl?
Is any standard on What characters are allowed in Web service name?
Thanks
Mike