axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Haddad" <hadd...@cobia.net>
Subject RE: Auth Notification in WSDL?
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:10:39 GMT
Jason - A single standard for defining and implementing authentication
does not exist, so it is hard to understand the dialogue between you and
the external company.

It seems like they are requesting a 'login method' to call. The
implementation will vary depending upon how you've baked security into
your infrastructure.   Maybe you just need to provide them with a spec?

/Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason D. Lee [mailto:jason.lee@hobbylobby.com]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 2:51 PM
To: Axis (E-mail)
Subject: Auth Notification in WSDL?

Is it possible (or even necessary) for a web service to note in the
generated WSDL (http://...?wsdl) that the service requires
authentication?
I'm writing my service in Java, but the client, written by an external
company, will be written in C#, and he's telling me that the stub
generation
based on my current WSDL is not creating the method calls for setting up
authentication.  Am I forgetting to do something in my .wsdd or is he
expecting something that won't be there?  Thanks...

--
Jason Lee - Programmer
405.745.1789