axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Zschaage" <Tom.Zscha...@first.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: Axis performance
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:49:53 GMT
While I was browsing the Axis API I found something that might be of
interest to you to achieve a better performance.
If you are sending the type attributes for each element in your SOAP
message switch that off. However, than your client has to find out about
the types by some other source. Maybe you want to use WSDL. Or you can
hardcode it using an explicit type setting.

To turn the SEND_TYPE_ATTR off one should use this
call.setProperty(Call.SEND_TYPE_ATTR, Boolean.FALSE);
However it didn't work for me, but you can have a try.

What should happen?
In the SOAP message:
<userID xsi:type="xsd:string">tomz</userID>
should turn to
<userID>tomz</userID>
= 50% less data to transmit (at least in this case)

So long
Tom

AXIS properties:
     SEND_TYPE_ATTR - Should we send the XSI type attributes
(true/false)

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----