axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ignatia Suwarna <isuwa...@engin.umich.edu>
Subject SAXParseException
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:24:49 GMT

I created a new service and have put all the .class and .lib files under
axis/webapps and my-server/webapps.
I got the following exception:
Does anyone know what this error mean?  Am I missing some of the setup?

I would appreciate any comments/helps/suggestions.

Thank you

Ignatia

AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
precedin
g the root element must be well-formed.
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the
document pr
eceding the root element must be well-formed.
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1056
)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:626)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:805)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java:381)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Deserializa
tionContextImpl.java:213)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:455)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:362)
        at
dsml.test.client_axis.ProcessClient.logoutClient(ProcessClient.java:1
35)
        at
dsml.test.client_axis.ProcessClient.main(ProcessClient.java:152)

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the
root ele
ment must be well-formed.
        at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:117)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:460)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:362)
        at
dsml.test.client_axis.ProcessClient.logoutClient(ProcessClient.java:1
35)
        at
dsml.test.client_axis.ProcessClient.main(ProcessClient.java:152)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
[...]
        ... 8 more