axis-java-user mailing list archives

From J Hodrien <jo...@comp.leeds.ac.uk>
Subject Finalizing web services
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:49:10 GMT
Is there a method that is guaranteed to be called on a web service as it is
culled?

With servlets I'm under the impression that you have init and destroy methods,
but I haven't found the equivalent with a web service.

Finalize can't be trusted to be called, so I wasn't quite sure where to place
code that is required to save state between server restarts.

It's hard to work around it since the service *has* to run with application
scope.

Thanks a lot,

jh

--
"It is always easier to fight for ones principles than to live up to them."
                                                     -- Alfred Adler