axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Helen L Rehn" <hlr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Class cast exception using arrays with wrapped style
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:30:31 GMT
Hi,

I have the following in my wsdl:

<complexType name="assetStatus">
<sequence>
<element name="assetURL" type="string"/>
<element name="status" type="string"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>

<complexType name="ListWithStatusOutputType">
<sequence>
<element maxOccurs="unbounded" name="assetWithStatus"
type="vg-types:assetStatus"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>

This is a wrapped style service.  Then I have the following method:

   public AssetStatus[] listAssetsWithStatus() {
        // assetArray is of type AssetStatus[]
        return assetArray;
    }

I get the following exception java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.ibm.internet.vh.contentManagement.AssetStatus
     at
com.ibm.internet.vh.contentManagement.VideoGridSOAPBindingStub.listAssetsWithStatus(VideoGridSOAPBindingStub.java:269)

where that line looks like:

   return
(com.ibm.internet.vh.contentManagement.AssetStatus[])org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils.convert(resp,com.ibm.internet.vh.contentManagement.AssetStatus[].class);

This is in beta 1.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nell