axis-java-user mailing list archives

From bu...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Serializer for Character
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:41:23 GMT
There is no char type in xml, so the mapping from a Java char (or java.
lang.Character) doesn't exist.  Feel free to provide one, though.  What
type do you think it should map to?

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Shellman, Joel" <Joel.Shellman@Summit.Fiserv.com> on 07/25/2002 04:32:06
PM

To:    "'axis-user@xml.apache.org'" <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    Serializer for Character

I received the following error:

java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class java.lang.Character in
registry org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingImpl@cb42cf

Are char type fields not supported?

Should I take a shot at implementing this and contributing the code? Anyone
have some direction on where the code should go? I'll probably just first
attack it writing a custom Serializer/Deserializer since that's what I've
already been looking at. I imagine that most primitives are handled in one
place, though, aren't they?

-joel