axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Monika....@varetis.de
Subject Re: fault message
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:54:21 GMT

Hi Rich,

thank you for pointing out the JSR - I had the same problem as Milos.

I use Beta 3 and I have the problem, that an exception is thrown in my
Axis-Client, when trying to analyze the SOAP fault message:

I do not know, whether there is something wrong with my SOAP-Message (see
below - it doesn't seem to be properly serialized - encoding is rpc) or
whether the error is with the Axis-Client.

SOAP-Code according to TCPMonitor:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:13:09 GMT
Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)
Connection: close

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi
="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
 <soapenv:Body>
  <soapenv:Fault>
   <faultcode xmlns:ns1
="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns1:server.MPSError</faultcode>
   <faultstring>null : Internal application error.</faultstring>
   <detail>
    <Provider>xyz</Provider>
    <ErrorCode>-8</ErrorCode>
    <ErrorMessage>
user identity unknown: user_unknown</ErrorMessage>
   </detail>
  </soapenv:Fault>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Exception on the Client-side:

- Mapping Exception to AxisFault
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}server.MPSError
 faultString: null : Internal application error.
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
     Provider: xyz
     ErrorCode: -8
     ErrorMessage:
user identity unknown: user_unknown

null : Internal application error.
     at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:135)
     at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:904)
     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endElement(SAXParser.java:1403)
     at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(XMLValidator.java:1180)
     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1256)
     at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)
     at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:952)
     at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:213)
     at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:457)
     at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:362)
     at
com.varetis.ida.clients.webservices.MPS.generated.IdaMPSBindingStub.getCurrentPosition(IdaMPSBindingStub.java:249)
     at
com.varetis.ida.Client.IdaMPSServiceFrame.callWebservice(IdaMPSServiceFrame.java:288)
     at
com.varetis.ida.Client.IdaMPSServiceFrame$9.run(IdaMPSServiceFrame.java:230)

Thanks a lot,
Monika