axis-java-user mailing list archives

From bu...@us.ibm.com
Subject RE: WSDL2Java Exception When Return Type is in Another Package.
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:44:43 GMT

If the WSDL you showed me came, untouched, from Java2WSDL, then I agree we
have a problem.   Might it be possible for you to give us your original
Java from which you created the WSDL?  I'd like to try recreating the
problem.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Cohan, Sean" <SCohan@goSPS.com> on 07/24/2002 01:38:00 PM

To:    "'axis-user@xml.apache.org'" <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    RE: WSDL2Java Exception When Return Type is in Another Package.

Thank  you.  I failed to mention that I used Java2WSDL to gen the wsdl so
there  may be a problem there.
-----Original Message-----
From: butek@us.ibm.com  [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 1:57  PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org

I see  the problem. In the schema, you've defined:

<element  name="ServiceResponse" nillable="true" type="xsd:anyType"/>

In the  messages, you've defined the part:

<wsdl:part name="return"  type="tns2:ServiceResponse"/>

Note that the ServiceResponse is an  ELEMENT. The part, however, has the
statement: type="tns2:ServiceResponse",  which means it's looking for a
type named "ServiceResponse", not an element.  If you change the part
definition, it works:

<wsdl:part  name="return" element="tns2:ServiceResponse"/>

Russell  Butek
butek@us.ibm.com