axis-java-user mailing list archives

From bu...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Change in String encosing since beta2?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 20:11:35 GMT

Martin, Rich Scheuerle has committed a fix.  In beta 3, java.lang.String
will map to xsd:string.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Russell Butek/Austin/IBM@IBMUS on 07/08/2002 09:38:11 AM

To:    axis-user@xml.apache.org
cc:    axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject:    Re: Change in String encosing since beta2?

axis-dev folks, this is a regression problem.  JAX-RPC says java.lang.
String maps to xsd:string.  But Java2WSDL now maps it to soapenc:string.
This is wrong and should probably be fixed before we release beta-3.  I'll
look at it in an hour or two, but if someone knows why this changed, I'd
like to hear it.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com