axis-java-user mailing list archives

From mseib...@us.ibm.com
Subject VOTE: Move to Ant 1.5 for Axis Build Tool
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:09:11 GMT
I need some input on people's thoughts for moving from their current ant to
a standardized Ant 1.5.  This discussion has been going on on axis-dev for
quite some time today, and so far, there seems to be a positive
ambivelance.  The new test infrastructure that I am working on would
greatly benefit from some advanced functions which as included in Ant 1.5.

If everyone is okay with this, then I would like to set Monday, July 29,
2002 as the date for the upgrade.  At this time I will add a small check
into the top of build.xml to verify the Ant version is up to date.

The new Ant Release can be found at:
      http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-ant/release/v1.5/

If there are copious objections, I'll be quiet and return to my seat ;)

Matt Seibert                                           mseibert@us.ibm.com
IBM        External:    (512) 838-3656      Internal:   678-3656