axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Herold" <her...@cotagesoft.com>
Subject RE: classloader/dll/hell help request
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:19:12 GMT
One more thing:  I don't set a classpath in the system environment
variables - instead I just let the Tomcat startup script set it.

-----Original Message-----
From: axis-user-return-5730-herold=cotagesoft.com@xml.apache.org
[mailto:axis-user-return-5730-herold=cotagesoft.com@xml.apache.org]On
Behalf Of Robert Herold
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 9:15 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: classloader/dll/hell help request

I am using your exact configuration (sun jdk 1.4.0_01, tomcat 4.0.4, axis
beta 3) on Windows XP.  No jars are installed in tomcat/common/lib beyond
the stock tomcat jars (except for oracle's jdbc drivers classes12.zip).  All
other jars are in tomcat/webapps/mywebapp/WEB-INF/lib, including:

axis.jar
commons-logging.jar
jaxrpc.jar
log4j.jar  (renamed from log4j-1.2.4.jar)
saaj.jar
tt-bytecode.jar
wsdl4j.jar

I also have log4j.xml in WEB-INF/classes.

Everything works fine.  I've not tried Linux, however.

It's important to note that this setup doesn't work in Tomcat 4.0.3 - the
classloader setup would refuse to load *any* javax.whatever package from
WEB-INF/lib, instead of just the Sun-specified untouchable packages.

-- bob