axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Giacomo Fiorentini <g.fiorent...@esalab.it>
Subject JAXM - AXIS
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:31:59 GMT
In the FAQ I read (I'm new on SOAP and Axis topics):
---------------------------
What is the relationship between JAXM and AXIS?
	JAXM is a specification (NB. not an implementation) of two sets of
interfaces: javax.xml.soap and javax.xml.messaging. Recently, the former set
has been moved to its own specification, "SOAP with Attachments API for
Java" (SAAJ), by Sun. Axis implements the SAAJ (javax.xml.soap) interfaces.

What does it mean?  That if I want to use the JAXM , I've to write my own
code, for example using the JAVA WEB SERVICE DEVELOPER PACK ?

If a web service supports the Soap-document (as opposed to Soap-rpc) style
interaction, Axis and the tools provided with it, can generate code for stub
classes ?

If I have to design a ws, with Soap-doc style interaction, how Axis can help
me ? and what steps I can follow ?

Regards.