axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hurst, Cyrus" <Cyrus_Hu...@tvratings.com>
Subject Corrrection : Problem deploying Axis to WebLogic 6.1 sp2 & 7
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:34:19 GMT
  Sorry,  correction in  last paragraph .....what I meant to say is that
  I can administer Axis remotely via the AdminClient
from client and everything works fine . e.g. I invoke java
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://d2loc:9023/axis/services/AxisService list to get a list of deployed
web services.
 I can also invoke web services from client without any problems .

-----Original Message-----
From: Hurst, Cyrus [mailto:Cyrus_Hurst@tvratings.com]
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 3:06 PM
To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Problem deploying Axis to WebLogic 6.1 sp2 & 7

  Hello Mark,
   I believe I'm having some problems relating to this or maybe not ....I'm
 using Weblogic 6.1 sp1 with Axis beta 3 .  I have deployed Axis
 as a .war file and packaged in an ear file .  Anytime I access the
 AxisServlet by pointing to  http://d2loc:9023/axis/servlet/AxisServlet I
get the following stack
 trace in my server console .....

<Jul 15, 2002 2:50:34 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(6493766,axis,/axis)] Servlet failed with Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:279)
        at
:265)
        at
:200)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:2456)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2039)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

 Strange thing is that I can administer Axis remotely via the AdminClient
using the same url and everything works fine .
 e.g  from client  I invoke java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://d2loc:9023/axis/servlet/AxisServlet list .
 I can also invoke web services from client without any problems .

Thanks,
-Cyrus