axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dustin D. Williams" <dwilli...@classiq.com>
Subject RE: Java2WSDL does not set method parameter names in WSDL
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:02:53 GMT
I suspect Java2WSDL uses reflection to create the wdsl file. In this case it
doesn't have access to parameter names. I think (but don't guarantee) that
Java uses ordered, not named parameters, so without looking at the source
code there is no way to know what the parameter names are. This perhaps
makes the generated wsdl a little less readable, but it is by no means a
bug.

Dustin Williams

-----Original Message-----
From: espen.sommerfelt@telenor.com [mailto:espen.sommerfelt@telenor.com]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 6:33 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Java2WSDL does not set method parameter names in WSDL

Hi,

I'm generating WSDL from a Java interface using Java2WSDL. Even tough I
compile the interface with debug information (javac -g), the WSDL does not
use the method parameter names of the interface. Instead it uses in0, in1,
... Example:

<wsdl:message name="setWidgetPriceRequest">
	<wsdl:part name="in0" type="soapenc:string"/>
	<wsdl:part name="in1" type="soapenc:string"/>
</wsdl:message>

This does not only  happen with my own class, but also with the example from
the userguide: samples.userguide.example6.WidgetPrice.

I'm using the following Java VM (java -verison):
	java version "1.4.0_01"
	Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_01-b03)

Am I overlooking something here or is this a bug?

Thanks!
Espen