axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sullivan, Mark E" <Mark.Sulli...@nav-international.com>
Subject RE: passing xml documents
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:53:04 GMT
thanks for the reply. What does your method signature look like for the
method that recieves the document?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Vardeman [mailto:andrewv@iastate.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 2:52 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: passing xml documents

I'm passing XML documents back and forth between Axis and .NET using
doc/lit (message style).  I figured it was the most natural way to go since
the SOAP envelope is XML.  Axis makes doc/lit really easy; .NET is so bent
on serializing and deserializing everything for you that it took some work
figuring out how to give it an XML document and say "just stick this in the
SOAP Body."  RPC works fine too (just XML-encode the document to escape
the >'s, &'s, etc. and send it as a string), and it might save you some
hassle, but the escaping will make your messages a little longer if size is
important.  I guess it depends on what you plan to do with the document
when it gets to the other end...

Andrew