axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cosley, Thomas" <Thomas.Cos...@McKesson.com>
Subject RE: TCPMon giving BindException if 8080 used.
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 18:30:05 GMT
because tomcat is listening on 8080 you cannot bind tcpmon to listen
there as well.  the way to use tcpmon correctly is to set the target
port to 8080 and set the listen port to some currently unused port (say
5049).  then  setup your client to use
localhost:5049/axis/services/[serviceName] and tcpmon will proxy your
request to nagoya.apache.com:8080/axis/services/[serviceName].  hope
this helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: ics@icsi.com [ mailto:ics@icsi.com <mailto:ics@icsi.com> ]
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 1:08 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: TCPMon giving BindException if 8080 used.

Hi,

Am trying to get TCPMon working on Win2K with Axis Beta 2 and a separate

instance of Tomcat running on 8080.

On the base example I set the Target Host name to "nagoya.apache.com"
and Target port to 5049 but when I set the Listening port to 8080 I get
a "java.net.BindException:Address already in use:JVM_Bind" error.

Since Tomcat is running on 8080, it's the port to listen for traffic on
so I'm not sure what the problem is.

thanks,
raj