axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Gaonkar, Anuroop (MED, WIPRO)" <Anuroop.Gaon...@med.ge.com>
Subject RE: ENC: (Need Collaboration!) can't start axisb3 server
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 05:05:16 GMT

Step 2 is wrong
You should move the files (not copy the files) to common/lib in tomcat
from axis.

move jar files from C:\Tomcat404\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib to
C:\Tomcat404\common\lib.

once you have installed axis in tomcat.

-----Original Message-----
From: MidoriOkuno [mailto:midori@foresee.or.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 9:58 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: ENC: (Need Collaboration!) can't start axisb3 server

Thanks Cilas,

According to your advice, I tried again.
But I can't start "Administer
Axis"(http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/Admin
Servlet).
The error message is as follows,

"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/rpc/namespace/QName
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)"

QName is the jaxrpc's class.
Why "NoClassDefFoundError"?
Is it the jaxrpc.jar(Axis b3)'s error??

How do i do to correct this error?

If anyone knows about this, please help me...

At 17:27 2002/07/29 -0300, Cilas de Freitas wrote:

> I have the same problem and sent my doubts to this list, but I didn't
> receive any response. Then now I'm using Axis Beta 2 and it works
well.
> I think if many users have the same problem they could dispose a
> tutorial step by step to check and install axis beta 3. This would
avoid
> a lot of questions about instalation.
>
> My idea is to share a simple tutorial step by step to check and
install
> axis beta 3 on Toncat. So I start writing a basic sequence, which have
> to be completed to work fine. Fell free to change and complete, the
> sequence is:
>
> 1) Download and unzip the Axis Beta 3.
> 	(Obs: AXIS was unziped in C:\axis-1_0\)
>
> 2) Copy from AXIS to Tomcat Directory:
>       From: C:\axis-1_0\lib\*.*
>       To:   C:\Tomcat404\common\lib
>
>       From: C:\axis-1_0\webapps\axis
>       To:   C:\Tomcat404\webapps\axis
>
>       From: C:\Tomcat404\common\lib
>       To: C:\Tomcat404\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib
>
> 3) TOMCAT Changes:
>       In C:\Tomcat404\conf\server.xml include this lines:
>
>          <!-- AXIS -->
>          <Context path="/axis" docBase="axis" debug="0"
> reloadable="true"/>
>

> 4) PATH's:
>       JAVA_HOME         = C:\j2sdk1.4.0
>       CATALINA_HOME     = C:\Tomcat404
>       CLASSPATH         =
>       .;
>       %JAVA_HOME%;
>       %JAVA_HOME%\bin;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\axis.jar;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\jaxrpc.jar;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\wsdl4j.jar;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\log4j-core.jar;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\commons-logging.jar;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\tt-bytecode.jar;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\xerces.jar;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\activation.jar;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\saaj.jar;
>       %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\junit.jar;
>
> 5) Start Tomcat
>
> 6) Try to acess http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet
>
> If everybody colaborate to complete this sequence, this will be a
> solution to many users who want to work with AXIS beta 3 in Tomcat. ;)
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Cilas

Tomcat\webapps\common.

> Axis classpath is Axisb3\lib\*.jar.
> I can't start axis server anymore.
>
> So I copied Axisb2\jaxrpc to Tomcat\webapps\common.  Axis server
> start again.
>
> I want to run axis server, then deploy the service, and publish to
UDDI

//midori@foresee.or.jp