axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stickley, Jim" <JStick...@birch.com>
Subject RE: ANNOUNCE: Axis beta-3 version ready for download
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:38:05 GMT
What is left to bring Axis to 1.0 release?  I need to plan for the impacts
to my project when we upgrade from beta3 to release 1.0 later this year.

Jim Stickley
Birch Telecom
(816) 300-6743
jstickley@birch.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels [mailto:gdaniels@macromedia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 5:45 PM
To: Axis-Dev (E-mail); 'axis-user@xml.apache.org';
'soap-user@xml.apache.org'; 'soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com';
'SOAP@discuss.develop.com'
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Axis beta-3 version ready for download

Hi all you SOAP fans out there!

Apache Axis (http://xml.apache.org/axis) has just released our third beta,
on our way to a 1.0 release this summer.

Axis:

* Is a flexible, extensible Web Services framework for Java developers.
* Has an almost complete implementation of Sun's JAX-RPC and SAAJ
specifications
  (we are currently working on passing the compatibility tests)
* Is easy to use (including "instant deployment" by dropping a Java source
file
  into a webapp)
* Supports bidirectional WSDL<->Java generation, both via command line tools
  and automatically in the runtime
* Contains support for the new version of the DIME specification for
  attachments
* Contains preliminary SOAP 1.2 support (this should be fleshed out by the
  next release)

To download the release, you can visit
http://xml.apache.org/axis/dist/beta3.

Please check it out, and send feedback to axis-user@xml.apache.org or