axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Vardeman <andr...@iastate.edu>
Subject Re: Asynchronous Messaging
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:42:17 GMT
I had a similar question a while back, and the answer was "not in Axis
version 1."  If you can live without the "receipt acknowledged"  message,
you could probably write a client that behaves in an asynchronous way.  For
instance, if you're writing a .NET client, asynchronous method calls to
standard web services are built in.  You could write a wrapper class around
a standard Axis RPC client with a "beginCall" method that takes as a
parameter the callback function, and the callback function could retrieve
the result from the wrapper with an "endCall" method.  Put the client in
its own thread so you can make calls to it and go on about your business
until the callback function is called.

Andrew