axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Didier Girard <Didier.Gir...@improve.fr>
Subject Re: XDoclet support for AXIS
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:03:59 GMT
Have you looked at Web Services Invocation Framework (WSIF) :
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/wsif
http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom/papers/oopsla2001_workshop_wsif.pdf

It has just joined axis project :
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-axis-wsif/

didier

espen.sommerfelt@telenor.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our project has a number of EJBs that must be invokable through SOAP. Today we're using
Java2WSDL and WSDL2Java to generate the  AXIS deployment files. In addition we manually edit
the generated deployment file to change provider and set provider specific properties. This
is however a somewhat tedious and inefficient process.

> What we would like to do is to specify the SOAP specific deployment information in the
EJB implementation class and use it as a basis for generating the AXIS deployment file.

> I've seen that XDoclet has support for generating deployment files for Apache SOAP from
the EJB implementation class (http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/apachesoap.html). Does there
exist any corresponding support for AXIS? If not, is something in the works or are there any
alternative solutions?