axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven Gollery <sgoll...@cadrc.calpoly.edu>
Subject can a web service find out its own url?
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:31:31 GMT
Is there any way for a web service to discover, build, or calculate the
url that was used to call it?

In my system, I need to have one web service send its url and an
operation name to another web service. Is there enough information
available to a web service, during an invocation of one of its
operations, to let the service figure out how it was called?

Another possibility would be to have that string in a system property
somehow. Is there one of the Axis  or Tomcat config files that would let
me set system properties that would be available to a web service?

I've also considered putting this information in a property file, but I
haven't been able to find a place to put the file that is on the class
path of the running web service, even though I've tried it in every
directory under the Axis root. Also, the property file idea just moves
the "what url?" question from run-time to deployment time.

Hopefully this looks more complicated to me than it really is, and
someone can think of a way to manage this. Or another idea for how to
arrange one web service to tell another one how to call back.

Thanks,

Steven Gollery
sgollery@cadrc.calpoly.edu