axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Pete Hendry <pghen...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: .NET does not take WSDL generated by Axis
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:51:06 GMT
Before blaming .NET try this simple experiment.

 - Write a java class with a single method

  public Map echoMap( Map map ) {
    return map;
  }

 - Run Java2WSDL to generate Test.wsdl

 - in the generated wsdl modify the targetNamespace of the schema
   and the corresponding apachesoap namespace definition to be
   some other uri

 - run WSDL2Java

The Item class is correctly generated but the Map class contains the code

    public org.tempuri.www.Item getItem() {
        return item;
    }

    public void setItem(org.tempuri.www.Item item) {
        this.item = item;
    }

No notion in this that this was an array definition in the WSDL. Only
accepts and returns a single item. So its not only .NET that can't
handle Apache Map syntax :-)

Pete