axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Abhishek Agrawal <aagra...@vt.edu>
Subject problem reading nested JAR files
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 21:03:32 GMT
We are trying to implement different types of webservices that need different
jar files ( eg. xindice webservice  needs xindice.jar)

I will like to pack all the jar files needed by my webservice into the my
webservices jar itself. For example if i have xindice webserive that needs
xindice.jar, i will like to all xindice.jar into the jar file that i put into
: $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib

the problem i am facing is that axis is not able to find the jar file
(xindice.jar ) which is inside the jar of my xindice webservie. When i put
that jar (xindice.jar ) in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib outside the
jar file for the webserive it runs fine.

Is it a bug in axis, which makes it impossible for axis to look for classes in
jar files that are inside some other jar file??

Abhishek