axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Heitzso <heit...@bellsouth.net>
Subject classloader/dll/hell help request
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:59:10 GMT
Could someone comment on the official recommended best
practice re placing axis and xerces jars in the following
environment:

	sun jdk 1.4.0_01
	tomcat 4.0.4
	axis beta 3 (though could easily use nightly drop)

(and what are the known differences between the above on
Win2k and Linux)

I've tried most every variation in the book and hit or
miss depending on jdk, os, etc. and often get everything
working just great for one combo and find it breaking
another.  Right now I just have to get the above setup
flying right.

Directories to put things in (note that I'm not using
the axis webapp, but rather we have our own named
TheDataWeb_Services).

	TheDataWeb_Services/WEB-INF/lib
	jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4/common/lib
	java.endorsed.dirs (with -Djava.endorsed.dirs=blat)

I've tried all of the above at once!!! and just about
every combo conceivable.  For instance, copying all of axis/lib
jars over the common/lib and WEB-INF/lib and using
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=jakarta-etc/common/lib which blows up
rather spectacularly. I'm now breaking down and asking ...

what's the official recommended layout?

Thanks!!!
Heitzso